Welcome to Key Stage 1!
In KS1, we focus on building independence and resilience towards learning. We understand how important it is to take risks in our learning; nothing ventured, nothing gained. We foster a positive attitude towards learning, where aspirations can be set high and a child's emotional wellbeing and development are at the forefront of all that we do.
If you have any issues, would like to get in contact or want to share some of your child's learning, please use our class email NCPAhepworth@watertonacademytrust.org
- Daily reading is an expectation.
- Spellings will be set weekly:
Spellings sent home: Friday Spellings tested: The following Friday
- Mental maths tests will be held weekly:
Mental maths sent home: Friday Spellings tested: The following Friday
Mental maths is the ability to work out calculations of all sorts in your head (not just addition calculations). It means being able to give an answer to a questions without having to write down every step of the calculation, although making the odd note is acceptable.
- Please practise times tables regularly, focusing on the 2x, 5x and 10x tables.
- Please ensure that your child has his/her PE kit in school and that all items belonging to your child are clearly labelled.
PE sessions take place on Mondays and Wednesdays.
What is my child learning?