How can we use our mindfulness training in this unusual situation, right now?
(Blue text shows there is a poster to use at home.)
Miss Steer reminds us that to make anything mindful:
- Try to do one thing at once
- Be present, patient and curious
- Use your beginner's mind - do something as if you've never done it before
- Ask yourself 'What's the weather like in my mind today?'
Put your training into practice at home...
- Mindful breaths
- Mindful eating
- 5 Senses countdown
- Breathing Spaces
- Mindful nature pause and walk
- Mindful drawing
- Mindful listening to music
- Mindful conversations
- Thought Pops (saving, shelving and binning your thoughts)
- Mindful hobbies (playing instruments, knitting, colouring, karate moves)
- Acts of Kindness
- Keep a gratitude diary (what 3 things am I grateful for right now?)
Remember there are some things that YOU can control and some things you can't.