Normanton Common Primary Academy is wholly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.
For the safety of our pupils we require all visitors to sign into the visitors book at Reception, ensuring they have received a visitor badge which confirms they have permission to be on site. Visitor badges must be worn and be visible at all times throughout a visit.
- Visitors cleared to work with children are issued a green visitor badges
- All other visitors are issued a red visitor badge. This indicates that the adult is not to have unsupervised contact with children whilst on the premises and will be under the direct supervision of a member of school staff.
- Staff wear black lanyards and identity badges at all times
We expect all visitors to abide by the school's equality commitments and ensure there must be no statements which might cause offence to others, or otherwise undermine tolerance of other faiths or beliefs. We expect all visitors to uphold the ethos and values of the school.
When we invite visitors and speakers into school we:
- use a formal procedure for inviting visitors which involves approval by the headteacher and a clear understanding of why the visitor/speaker has been chosen
- carry out the appropriate checks on the suitability of the person which may include internet searches and/or contacting other schools where the person has visited previously
- expect to discuss the content of any lesson, workshop or talk including previewing resource materials and presentations with the visitor in advance of the visit
- supervise visitors at all times.