Safe recruitment and selection of staff
Normanton Common Primary Academy is wholly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.
We endeavour to do our upmost to employ 'safe' staff. All recruitment, selection and pre-employment vetting is carried out in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (2016).
For all posts this includes:
- verifying identity
- enhanced DBS (disclosure and barring service) with barred list checks for those in regulated activity
- Prohibition from teaching check (for all teaching posts)
- EEA restrictions
- right to work in the UK checks
- professional qualification verification
- references sought prior to interview
All vacancies are advertised. All posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, therefore all convictions must be declared. Providing false information is an offence.